It’s always fun to bake homemade dog treats and distribute to dog loving friends at the holidays. This recipe is lovely because it doesn’t contain wheat flour. If you have celiac disease in your house you will relish this recipe and let your kids go hog wild with it.
My girls were very excited to get to work on these dog treats. Kids always love making anything that involves cut outs and icing- especially when the cookie cutters are dog bones. All of the recipes ingredients are safe for people and have no flour, you can feel free to roll the dough all over your kitchen counter- (which is a total BONUS with celiac disease).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Gluten Free Homemade Dog Treats Ingredients:
3 1/2 Cups Brown Rice Flour (such as Bob’s Red Mill)
1 Tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Can Pumpkin- 15 Ounces (not pumpkin pie)
- Mix all of the ingredients together until you get a soft, pliable cookie dough.
- Dust the counter with brown rice flour
- If your mixture is sticky at all keep adding small shakes of brown rice flour until it will roll nicely without sticking to the counter or cookie cutters
- Roll until desired thickness (1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness works best)- if your kids are rolling them they will be inconsistent and that’s just fine. You have to be attentive to them in the oven and pull the thinner ones sooner.
- When your cookie sheets are full pop them in the oven
- Dog treats will need to cook between 20-25 minutes depending on their thickness. You don’t want them to be soft or pliable in any way so let them cook until they turn hard like a crunchy cookie.
- Cool on a newspaper for about 10-15 minutes.
1 Cup Yogurt Chips
1 Tbsp Oil
- Melt in a microwave safe bowl, depending on the brand you get you may need to add more oil to get a consistency you like.
- Decorate to your hearts content!
This recipe was amended from bestbullysticks.com